Sunday, June 04, 2006

Shiva paint on tencel

Steps I used for painting the fabric. The fabric was washed first in hot water. I tried sample colors, liked the turquoise best. I used painted tape and poly clay texture sheets. I like to put GRIP AND GRIP under the texture sheets to hold them in place. Grip and Grip is great for holding your fabric secure if you are using stencils. Place G&G under the fabric, this is a great product. I used a very light hand when applying the paint sticks. A good book on Paint sticks use is Paintstiks on Fabric: Simple Techniques, Fantastic Results , by Shelly Stokes. http://www.cedarcanyontextiles.com

3 comments:

Linda L said...

Wow, glad to see this post on your blog. I want to try the Shiva paint but no one I know locally has tried it. Glad to read about your use of it. Your skirt looks good.

Anonymous said...

Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
»

Anonymous said...

Loved everything you have done. Great job. Hugs from Texas Carol